Prerequisites - Sendgrid account and getting the nessecary API keys.
- Sign in to sengrid
- go to
settings -> api keys -> create api key
- As always, you should follow the "principle of least privilege" and chooce restricted access and select Mail send.
- Hit Create and view.
- Save the api key - you will need it in the next step.
Setting up the server
- SSH to you droplet
- Navigate to the ghost configuration file by typing in
- Open up the config file by typing
vi config.production.json to open it with vim.
- Next, change the setting under mail configuration.
- Paste the api key from sendgrid portal.
- You are done! You can now send invites to fellow contributors.
Test and verify
- Inside ghost admin panel navigate to
- At the bottom of the page there is a button for sending a test email.